Home / Leadership / Bruce R. Raines
President & Chief Executive Officer
Since establishing Raines International, Bruce has built one of the country’s preeminent retained executive search firms and has become recognized as an industry leader. As such, he was recognized by the Association of Executive Search Consultants in 2018 for his contributions to the profession and community as the recipient of the organization's 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award. He began the firm with a specific focus on executive search within the finance function, and has since evolved and expanded the company’s areas of expertise, breadth, and scope to include senior management positions across industries and functions.
Areas of Focus
Consumer Goods, eCommerce & Retail // Finance // General Management // Human Resources // Industrial // Information Technology // Private Equity // Strategy
Industry and Consulting Experience
- Bruce’s personal assignments have included all areas of general management, finance, strategy, marketing and sales, M&A / integration, and related functions. He has successfully recruited Chief Executive Officers and Chief Operating Officers, as well as other “C-Suite” executives and their direct reports for global, publicly held organizations, major financial institutions and private equity firms, not-for-profits, and a select group of smaller privately held companies.
- As CEO, Bruce serves as the company’s practice leader for all senior-level general management searches. He also conceived, developed, and leads the company’s Strategy & Corporate Development Practice, which specializes in identifying and recruiting the “next generation” of senior executives from management consulting firms and their alumni.
- Bruce has served as a trusted business adviser to both established and startup companies throughout his career and he has provided invaluable counsel to hundreds of executives on their paths to the C-Suite.
- He has written and lectured on a variety of management and executive search topics within business and academia and advises Cornell University and the AESC on the development of curriculum for courses on the executive search industry and best practices.
Education & Credentials
- B.S., Finance & Accounting, Syracuse University
- Bruce is the firm’s primary representative in the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC) and remains committed to the advancement of the executive search industry. He was honored as the recipient the organization's 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award.
- He is personally affiliated with the International Association for Corporate & Professional Recruitment (IACPR) and was selected to serve as the Chairperson for the Association’s Silver Anniversary Conference in 2003.
Perspectives & Insights