Markos Moya is a Managing Director and leads Raines International’s Technology, Media, and Telecom Practice across all functional areas. With a commitment to achieving his clients’ needs on an international basis, he has a passion for conducting search assignments at the global level.
Industry & Consulting Experience
- Markos’ recent placements include CEO and CTO positions in the telecom industry; Chief Sales positions in the technology and services industries for Fortune 50 and Fortune 200 companies; Executive Marketing roles in multi-billion dollar companies in the retail and restaurant industries; and multiple board placements for the Board of Directors for a top telecommunications company.
- Prior to joining Raines International in 2008, Markos specialized in diversity recruiting for clients in the IT, financial services, retail, manufacturing, utilities, and oil & gas industries.
- Before entering the field of executive search, Markos had a distinguished career at Telstra Inc., one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies with revenues exceeding $20 billion.
- During his 15-year career at Telstra, Markos served as Vice President of Commercial Enterprises for the Global Business Solutions Group, where he led business development initiatives, new product development, alliances and partnerships, strategic acquisitions, and business planning.
- Markos was previously Director of the Global Consulting Group in Telstra’s Retail Sales Division where he led consultative sales, technical sales, and the development of Telstra’s Fortune 500 customer portfolio.
- He has been a featured industry speaker on the issues of diversity recruiting and talent retention, and has served as an expert source on topics of global business processes and the global impact of telecommunications services on economic development.
- He has appeared on numerous media outlets including Fox News, Fox Business, Communications News, and International Herald Tribune, and in numerous industry-specific trade publications.
Education & Credentials
- M.B.A., Columbia University
- B.S., Electronic Engineering, University of Western Australia