Paul Rodney is a Senior Vice President and Head of Raines International’s Diversity and Inclusion Practice. As a subject matter expert, Paul brings a strong track record of working with Chief Diversity Officers of Fortune 500 companies, Financial Institutions, Nonprofits, and Startups to identify, recruit, and retain diverse talent. He has years of experience engaging with senior leaders on strategic planning discussions that result in actionable plans for enhancing workforce diversity.
Industry and Consulting Experience
- Paul is also a member of Raines International’s Marketing & Advertising Practice, to which he brings several years of hands-on experience in the advertising and lobbying industries. He has advised various industries, companies, and political candidates on messaging, marketing, and building effective management structures. He maintains extensive relationships throughout the Marketing & Advertising and Government Affairs industries.
- Prior to joining Raines International, Paul was the New Jersey Executive Director for the national nonprofit America Needs You, where he worked closely with business units and human resources teams of national partner accounts, including BlackRock, the Boston Consulting Group, Goldman Sachs, Google, and Johnson & Johnson.
- Previously, Paul also served as Chief of Staff to the Global CEO of IPG Mediabrands, the Interpublic Group’s agency which manages its media advertising assets worldwide.
- In that capacity, he collaborated with C-Suite officers and senior executives to support business development initiatives for global clients, including Chrysler, MasterCard, Microsoft, Sony Pictures and Verizon.
- Prior, Paul spent several years lobbying state legislatures and managing grassroots marketing campaigns as a Government Affairs Director at Moore & Van Allen, LLC.
- Paul began his career as a Community Relations Manager with the National Basketball Association (NBA), where he helped support players’ off-the-court appearances and outreach to their local communities.
Education & Credentials
- B.A., Politics, Princeton University
- Paul is the Board President of the National Association of African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR) – Greater New York chapter.
Articles by Paul
How Diversity is Helping Walmart Challenge eCommerce
The retail sector faces competition like never before from the continued growth of Amazon, eBay, and other e-commerce companies, and the world’s top retailer, Walmart, isn’t immune to consumers’ rapidly changing buying habits.
Why We’re Still Talking About Hollywood Diversity in 2017
By diversifying the individuals behind the scenes, the 2017 nominees and winners represented the diverse commercial and critical successes of the year. Major studios should apply the same logic to their movie production slates.
Now Is the Time to Hire a Head of Government Affairs
With a new administration preparing to shake up the legislative and regulatory landscape, now is the time to hire a Head of Government Affairs.
The Approaching Wave: The Companies That Will Force Ad Agencies to Embrace Diversity
A discussion of race and gender has been taking place among advertising agency executives, and that discussion is being led by the brands they represent.