Alison Hunter co-leads Raines International’s Boston office, and is responsible for both search execution and business development across a range of functions for the firm’s Private Equity, Startup, and Fortune 500 clients. Currently, she is also active in Raines International’s developing Coaching Practice.
Industry & Consulting Experience
- Alison has placed C-Suite and other senior executives in Human Resources, Data / Analytics, Marketing, and Operations, and is deeply involved in Raines International’s Strategy Practice, recruiting post-MBA through Partner level consulting talent.
- At Columbia Business School, Alison honed her expertise in Human Capital and Data & Analytics, a focus which culminated in an independent study on the evolution of management and human resources practices. While a student, Alison also completed a Data & Analytics internship with Estee Lauder’s Innovation team as part of the company’s Presidential Management Associate Program.
- Prior to attending business school, Alison began her career as a Research Associate at Raines, quickly growing to manage both the Research Department and ConsultantTrack.
- Before moving to Boston, Alison was deeply involved in the New York chapter of America Needs You, serving as a board member for the organization’s Young Leadership Board, a co-chair of the Mentor Leadership Council, and a Mentor Coach to two first-generation college students. She is excited to continue her involvement in the nonprofit community with new opportunities in Boston.
- Alison is originally from Wellesley, Massachusetts, and enjoys long-distance running, having completed her first marathon in New York City in 2011.
Education & Credentials
- M.B.A., Columbia University
- B.A., Political Science, Colgate University
- Young Leadership Board, America Needs You (New York)
- Hogan Assessment Certification
Articles by Alison
Is Your Chief People Officer Keeping Up? The Ever-Changing People Function
By Ali Hunter Today’s pace of change is forcing companies to adjust in big ways, including in the People function and the role of the Chief People Officer. Read on for how Human Resources has and continues to evolve, what your competition is doing in each aspect of the function, and if your CPO is […]
How to Avoid Major Onboarding Mistakes
The first thing consultants might think when they hear the term “Onboarding” is the indoctrination they went through when entering their consulting firm. But what does it mean when you are the person onboarding to a new firm after leaving consulting?
I Stayed in Consulting Because…
Former Partners from McKinsey, BCG, and A.T. Kearney reveal why they waited to leave consulting.
How to Handle Exploding Job Offers
Exploding offers are the norm these days, requiring candidates to alert companies of an official yay or nay decision anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks after an offer is extended. Some tips for how to best handle one when it happens to you.