Jessica Sun is a Senior Vice President and Head of Intel & Resources at Raines International. Jessica is responsible for business development and search execution for the firm’s Fortune 500 (Industrials, Retail, Technology & Media) and Private Equity clients. Working closely with CEOs, CFOs, CHROs, and their boards, she has identified and placed COOs, Chief Strategy Officers, Chief Talent Officers, Chief Inclusion & Diversity Officers, and Global Heads of Pricing for Fortune 200 companies and middle-market portfolio companies owned by KKR and other premier private equity firms. In addition, she is a member of Raines International’s Management Consultant Practice, recruiting post-MBA consulting talent for the firm’s corporate clients and Managing Directors and Directors within the Operating Groups of various private equity firms including KKR Capstone (KKR) and Vista Consulting Group (Vista Equity Partners).
Industry & Consulting Experience
- Jessica manages Raines Intel, Raines International’s online cross-industry and cross-functional publishing platform, including the firm’s exclusive, content website for current and former management consultants, ConsultantTrack. She additionally leads and manages all the firm’s public relations, social media, and marketing efforts. Prior to her current role, she managed the firm’s Research Department.
- Jessica brings a wide range of regional and international experiences to the executive search industry, having lived, worked, and studied in Rabat, Morocco and Dubai and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Possessing extensive knowledge of the Middle East & North Africa, and Southeast Asia, and a strong understanding of executive opportunities in the regions, she travels frequently to the United Arab Emirates and Singapore, her key focus markets.
- She is currently a Mentor Coach for the New York Chapter of America Needs You, a national nonprofit organization that fights for economic mobility for ambitious, low-income first-generation college students.
- In addition to her native English, she is proficient in Arabic (Modern Standard and Levantine), Portuguese, and Spanish.
Education & Credentials
- M.A., Near Eastern Studies, New York University
- B.A., Middle Eastern & Islamic Studies and Political Science, New York University & New York University Abu Dhabi
- Arabic Language Proficiency Test (ALPT) – Advanced Mid PASS
Articles by Jessica
Hiring an Employment Lawyer: When & Why
Raines International spoke with several leading employment attorneys to learn how a good employment attorney is not only actively engaged in litigating disagreement, but can be an invisible guardian to prevent disputes in the short, mid, and long-term.
Why Veterans Are an Untapped Resource for Corporations & What HR Needs to Know
Although numerous organizations and foundations assist with veterans’ transition to civilian life, only recently has the job market shone a spotlight on the importance of employment in easing that transition.
10 Do’s and Don’ts of LinkedIn Networking
Following a recent Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants' BlueSteps Executive Webinar featuring Raines International Consultant and Raines Perspectives Manager, Jessica DeOliveira, we curated 10 tips to maximize LinkedIn networking, whether you’re actively looking for a new role or just keeping your options open.
Transitioning from Consulting to Private Equity
We spoke with several executives who transitioned from their consulting firms to the Private equity world, whether joining an Operations team or a Portfolio company, and identified several things consultants should consider when looking to make the move.