Dan Smith is a member of Raines International’s Private Equity, Strategy and Business Development, Sales and Marketing, and Operations Practices and leads the firm’s internal hiring, project staffing, professional review processes, in-house research department, and marketing functions.
Industry & Consulting Experience
- Since joining Raines International in 2005, Dan has worked with clients in 12 different industries on assignments across North America and Europe. He primarily serves clients in the technology, venture capital, consumer goods, and industrial manufacturing industries.
- He has recruited C-Suite leaders, General Managers, and functional heads for major corporations and leading private equity firms.
- Dan’s executive search placements include the Chief Marketing Officer and two Presidents for a $15 billion consumer goods company; Operating Executives for a premier private equity firm; Head of Human Resources for a VC-backed startup; COO for a multibillion dollar retailer; Head of Engineering for a PE-owned enterprise software and IT services company; EVP of Sales, EVP & CTO, and SVP of Strategy for a multi-billion dollar technology company; EVP of Sales & Marketing for a multi-billion dollar consumer electronics company; VP of Global Sales for a Fortune 50 technology company; and Operations executives for several top 10 private equity firms.
- He was a founding Board Member of New York Needs You, which has grown to become America Needs You, where he is on the Compensation and Expansion Committees. America Needs You is a national nonprofit organization that fights for economic mobility for ambitious, low-income college students by providing intensive career development, mentorship, and professional networks to enable students to realize their academic and career aspirations.
In the News
- The Wall Street Journal: What to Do When The Shiny New Job Isn’t the Right Fit
- The Wall Street Journal: Talkaholics Sink Partnerships, Presentations – and Careers
- The Wall Street Journal: Going from Big Fish to Small Fish: How Executives Can Deal with the Change
Education & Credentials
- B.A., Philosophy, College of Charleston
- Founding Board Member, New York Needs You (America Needs You)